Sunday, November 04, 2007

A not so Typical Sunday Morning.

So I have to say, my day (night) began with a few extra surprises. I got off from work at 11, as usual from the BC. On my way back to my dorm room I didn’t encounter anything too surprising, a few really drunk students and some terribly cold winds. As I got closer to the house I heard this sturdy beat, optimistically I thought, it must just be SAE. And indeed, as I got closer I realized it wasn’t just one beat, but two, one emanating from my house, another from SAE. They were playing with the lights making strobes as they danced to some hip hop. So after I drug myself upstairs I realized I was not going to be able to sleep. Music was blaring from SAE and from downstairs, along with the loud shouts, of the dispute going on downstairs. A few moments after midnight I heard some threatening shouts a lard “thunk” I decided to go and check out. Well the "thunk" was a girlfriend of mine who had fallen after having a chair thrown at her. Two boys were throwing punches in the corner of the living room, and another set were in choke locks. Yeah, the best situation for a Fall Party Weekend, so somehow Michael convinced them to go outside (why, I still don’t know) and off they went. I still couldn’t sleep so I decided that the library was probably the best idea. I packed up my sleeping bag and walked to the library about 2 am, as I heard the fire trucks blaring their sirens on their way to St. Lukes. Anyway, about 7 am I walked back to my dorm to change clothes and shower. I headed off to breakfast about 8, yet to my utter shock I noticed three green swastikas had been spray painted onto the back side of the BC. So debating whether I should wake someone up to borrow their digi camera or not, I decided I was the only weirdo who would treasure the anti-semitic graffiti on a neo-gothic building, in one of the safest and most tranquil places on earth. So off I went to breakfast, which was uneventful. After returning home I remembered I promised to fix the girls hang-over food, so I went and dug out some magic hang over food ingredients and proceeded to make some delicious hot and spicy food along with some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. As soon as the cookies had cooled I went to drop off the breakfast with a pint of milk. No one was up as I had expected, so I left them a note. I arrived back home and on yet another diversion to not start work I decided I needed to clean and vacuum my room, wash a few loads of clothes and perfect my butterscotch cookie recipe so I would have some comfort food while I was working on my 20 pg paper. (If I ever got that far) So while I was waiting for the oven to heat up, there came a irresistible proposal to help with the weekly radio show, so after deciding that I could live without butterscotch cookies for a little longer, I was on the air until close to one pm. At that point I escaped to the cafeteria to pick up some lunch. At lunch I ran into one of my professors who very kindly asked me if I would like some extra work, for extra credit, of course. I could not resist. So here I am, almost 3 pm, not having started my work today, with 3 large projects due on Monday, two homeworks for Tuesday and test on Thursday. You just have to love swastikas and procrastination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home